What’s the role?
You will work across all development activities of our SaaS product as part of our growing engineering team. Alongside typical tasks, we hope you’ll actively participate in feature specification and technology choices, allocation of the workload across the team and ensuring code quality and overall architectural integrity.
Currently, our platform is a Laravel Spark (PHP) monolith, hosted in AWS (we make use of EC2, Forge, Stripe, RDS, SES, SNS, SQS, Sentry). We have an extensive roadmap, starting with intentions to move from our starting point to a microservice architecture, reworking the front-end into typescript (most likely React) and typescript backend (likely Node). Beyond that, we have aspirations for various AI / ML use-cases, along with a data analytics layer and a suite of threat intelligence tools. In the next 12 months you will do things like:
- Refine and improve our tech stack, defining what we should be using, and help build/execute the plan to get us there
- Ensure non-functional requirements are clearly defined and implemented
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Managing and improving the CI/CD pipeline and wider ops tooling
- Help grow the team and onboard new partners
Who we’re looking for:
For this role we’re looking for someone who’s comfortable leading on technical design and implementation activities, with experience building platforms from scratch. We’re not expecting you to come in with deep knowledge of cybersecurity, but you’ll have experience in many aspects of building and operating a SaaS platform. This is a senior role, so we’ll expect to see around 5 years experience of you doing these things at a similar level of responsibility.
What we’re offering:
We’ve got big plans, and want a team that is as invested in these plans as we are. So, we are offering our investment in you. The obvious stuff is below, but the really important bit is that we want to reward the right person in the way they most value, so let’s talk!
- Competitive salary and stock options; We’re considering £60k to £80k depending on experience and equity package
- Unlimited annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Flexible working policy*
- Personal development through a budget for employee training, and we’ll support you to attend conferences and meetups
- Regular team socials
- A chance to build something from scratch
*We’re currently using co-working spaces in London, and hope you can join us there occasionally, as we want to get to know you and spend time together. Our plan is to use a mix of office-based and remote working, where teams and individuals are empowered to plan effective work patterns. We will meet face-to-face for a few days, once every month, somewhere nice (UK / Europe) for planning and strategy conversations.
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. We need your skills, but we want your passion. This job-spec should help get you excited, not deter you from applying, even if you’re only a 95% fit. Give us a call and have a chat! (well, fill a form in, at least)